[Samba] Samba + LDAP - now with ldapsam extensions

Daniel L. Miller dmiller at amfes.com
Mon Oct 15 22:22:40 GMT 2007

John H Terpstra wrote:
> On Thursday 11 October 2007 22:57, Daniel L. Miller wrote:
>
>> Are the IDEALX tools necessary for "complete" integration with LDAP?  Or
>> is the built-in support sufficiently advanced now?
>>
>> Daniel
>>
> What does "complete" integration with LDAP mean to you?
>
> You are not the first person to ask questions like these.  It would help me to
> write more useful documentation if I could better understand what is behind
> the questions.

Do the "ldapsam:trusted: and "ldapsam:editposix" extensions provide -
(pause whilst I search for the correct word) - "equivalent"
functionality to the IDEALX tools?  Or are they solutions for different
applications?  For "typical" applications, with a PDC, mixed Unix and
Windows workstations, file and print sharing - are the extensions a
simpler way to achieve the - (wait, need to substitute word again) -
"equivalent" level of LDAP integration?

--
Daniel