[Samba] Profile Location Best Practice

Adam Tauno Williams adamtaunowilliams at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 19:54:08 GMT 2007

> Eric Feldhusen, you've pretty much convinced me that best practice is
> having profiles stored in one place, and home folders in another.  But
> I'm still curious if you have also experienced these problems even with
> such a configuration.  Either way, I think the merits of such a
> configuration are clear; I just wonder if I can expect even these
> problems to go away, or if I shouldn't get my hopes up quite that much.

Yes;  I've got about 200 users who sign on and off every day.  PDC is
Samba;  profiles in one share, home directory its own share.  No issues.
Has worked well for a very long time.
--
          Consonance: an Open Source .NET OpenGroupware client.
  http://code.google.com/p/consonance/ - Searching for a bored Cairo# hacker.