[Samba] can I configure smb.conf to always publish share files with -rw-rw-rw- permission ?

Greg Byshenk samba at byshenk.net
Sun Oct 14 22:03:25 GMT 2007

On Sun, Oct 14, 2007 at 09:30:19PM +0000, KLEIN Stephane wrote:

> I use samba to share some files between some clients. I would like than
> these files are always view with -rw-rw-rw- rights by all clients event
> if someone change file access permissions.

> Can I configure smb.conf to do that ?

I don't think that you can force Samba to have them "view"ed that way, as
the permissions in Samba are dependent upon the permissions on the files
themselves (on the server).

But you can force the permissions to be set in a given way by Samba when
files are created or modified.  Look at 'force create mode' in the smb.conf
man page.

--
greg byshenk  -  gbyshenk at byshenk.net  -  Leiden, NL