[Samba] Samba/ADS Question

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at foundations.edu
Thu Oct 11 15:59:21 GMT 2007

I have successfully joined a Fedora7 client to a W2K AD domain.
Everything thus far works as it should. All of my ADS members can log
onto the machine, etc. However, when using Nautilus to browse the
network, Windows shares are visible, but the user is always prompted
for authentication regardless of the permissioning on the the windows
share. It appears that samba is using the guest account to attempt the
access. I cannot seem to get Google to turn up anything significant on
this one. Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Chris