[Samba] device busy, I/O error and unable to umount

Luca Ferrari fluca1978 at infinito.it
Wed Oct 10 08:35:16 GMT 2007

Hi all,
this is the situation: two linux servers mounting a samba share from each
other. Sometimes one of the two share becomes locked, I mean that everything
I try to do on it results in an "Input/Output error". I'm then unable to
umount the share, since either smbumount or umount report "device or resource
busy". Unluckily I cannot check if this is the case, since the resource is
not responding and even an lsof does not work. Other commands, like df, block
on the share.
Any idea about where/how start looking to solve the problem?

Thanks,
Luca