[Samba] about winbind

budhi budhi at sbm.itb.ac.id
Wed Oct 10 03:59:55 GMT 2007

Dear All,
i've finally succes to add my samba server to join my active directory. when i execute command #wbinfo -u and #wbinfo -g its show user and group in active directory but when i try use #getent passwd or #pw show user -a (well i'm using FreeBSD machine) it's only show user on FreeBSD machine, the users in active directory not show up. anyone can explain why its happen? when i use command ntlm_test to try one user on active directory its succed.

another problem is i want to user login to active directory server from works station and then redirection my documents folder to samba server. i've try and success, but the problem is permision of the share folder. anyone can acces itu, anyone can see others document.. so can u guys give me some advice? sorry for my poor english

thx before,

regards

Budhi
sysadmin of school of bussiness and management
Bandung Institute of Technology