[Samba] Old samba client

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Tue Oct 9 20:09:05 GMT 2007

I'm trying to put together an embedded box that will act as a samba
client.  All it needs to do is to mount Windows shares read-only.

It needs to support WinXP and Vista.

I need to be able to log in to the box via ssh, and then use smbclient
or something similar to "sniff" the shared drives, and then mount them
RO for purposes of remote backup.

I am looking at an embedded solution that comes with samba-2.0.10, which
is absolutely ancient, but I am hopeful that given the limited access I
need it will work.

Could someone knowledgeable in ancient samba lore give me an opinion?

Thanks,

--Yan

--
  o__

'man' is short for 'manual' because it's very short, for a manual.