[Samba] slow opening of files / make_connection: connection to IPC$ denied due to security descriptor.

Tue Oct 9 15:54:30 GMT 2007

On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 05:31:33PM +0200, Andre Berloth wrote:
> Also, in my logs I see a lot of these 'connection to IPC$ denied due to
> security descriptor' errors, and searching google didn't hint me what
> the source of the problem was. Any idea's what the origin
> of this error is?

You have a security descriptor for IPC$ in your
share_info.tdb. If you do not rely on share security
descriptors being set via mmc or the srvmgr, simply delete
share_info.tdb and restart smbd. If you do have settings
there, fix the secdesc for IPC$.

Volker