[Samba] recycle: touching failed operation not permitted

Hubert Choma hubert.ch at wp.pl
Tue Oct 9 13:00:53 GMT 2007

Hello
In /var/log/messages I have got a lot of errors such as :

"recycle: touching .recycle/jankowski/500/500_U/21-10-5U.~TIF failed,
reason = Operation not permitted "

~~.tif it's a temp file and I noticed that samba deletes this files to
recycle .
My smb.conf

comment = Rastry
        public = yes
        invalid users = @geodeta, at ewidencja,
        path = /home/samba/rastry
        write list = @rastry
        deny hosts = korytarz1, korytarz2
        force create mode = 0777
        vfs object = full_audit recycle
        recycle:repository = .recycle/%U
        recycle:touch = true
        recycle:keeptree = true
        recycle:versions = false
        recycle:exclude = *.TMP
        recycle:directory_mode = 773
        full_audit:prefix = %u|%m|%I
        full_audit:failure = read
        full_audit:success = pwrite rename unlink rmdir mkdir

Please help me because my syslog has a lot of this entry's