[Samba] Samba Doesnt do ADS Authentications

MHussaini mhussaini at tiptonservices.com
Fri Oct 5 20:34:28 GMT 2007

Hiya

I Have configured my samba machine as a member of Windows AD (win2k3
Machine). All the configuration went on successfully when I execute net
ads testjoin ; I get output as "OK" and I can see my samba machine in AD
computers and users. also i get a proper output from wbinfo -u -g. My
kerberos tickets are valid. Now the problem I'm facing is

Case1: When I enter the machine name of my samba server in Run Box Of
Winxp it is popping up for a user name and pass like Samba/<username>
(where Samba = my samba server name) when I enter a valid ADS domain
user name it doesnt validate it but when I enter a valid linux user/pass
it gets authenticated.

Now in Case 2: when I'm entering the ip address of my samba server in
"Run" Box it is asking for TIPTON1/<username (where TIPTON1=my ads name)
when I enter a valid user and pass of windows it doesnt authenticate
also when I enter a valid user and pass of linux it doesnt authenticate.

The Only Condition when I'm able to access the samba shares is when I
log into winxp with my ADS Domain Profile and try to access the Samba
share from My Network Places><ADS DOMAIN>Samba Domain.

I would like to use all the ADS accounts to authenticate the users and i
dont want to use my linux users n passes.

Here is my winbind log >> http://pastebin.ca/726764
my smb.conf >> http://pastebin.ca/726761
my smbd.log >> http://pastebin.ca/726762

Please help me out. Thanks