[Samba] Re: Samba + LDAP

Adam Tauno Williams adamtaunowilliams at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 15:59:53 GMT 2007

> Ok, lets put this better, maybe i confused some stuff...
> I got my ldap server on the centos machine, lots of users configured
> there, and works fine on the samba of that machine.
> Then i got Fedora 7 machine, with Samba configured to authenticate from
> the centos machine LDAP.
> When i try to connect to the Fedora 7 samba shares with some user that
> exists on the LDAP but not on the Fedora 7 system, it gives me this
> error:
> Examples:
> Fedora 7 machine:
> smbclient //127.0.0.1/util -U drocha
> Password:
> session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE
> [2007/10/08 16:38:24, 1] auth/auth_util.c:make_server_info_sam(566)
>  User drocha in passdb, but getpwnam() fails!

Yep;  you need to complete the configuration of the FC7 box.  You need
to connect NSS on the FC7 box to your domain/DSA.  getpwnam is a call to
NSS.

This is all documented in the Samba docs & "man nsswitch.conf"

--
          Consonance: an Open Source .NET OpenGroupware client.
  http://code.google.com/p/consonance/ - Searching for a bored Cairo# hacker.