[Samba] smbd process per user ( Samba 3 + Terminal server )

Eric Roseme eroseme at emonster.rose.hp.com
Mon Oct 8 15:39:41 GMT 2007

Depends upon your terminal server.  NT4 and W2000 - yes.  W2003 - no
(unless they added the EnableMultipleUsers parameter from W2000).  I
wrote a kind of wordy paper about this:
http://www.docs.hp.com/en/5015/Samba-TerminalServer_104Final.pdf.  This
paper version does not include the W2000 fix, which is the above
parameter and hotfix Q818528.  I have not looked to see if Microsoft
ever fixed this on W2003.  I can send you the whitepaper with the W2000
fix incorporated, if you want it (i never posted the updated version).

Eric Roseme
Hewlett-Packard