[Samba] FIXED: Win2003 ADS, wbinfo -u and -g almost works

herman herman at aeronetworks.ca
Fri Oct 5 23:42:20 GMT 2007

"Unless I'm overlooking it in your smb.conf, I don't see

    winbind enum users = Yes
    winbind enum groups = Yes

These should allow you to view the domain users and groups.
Keep in mind that if you have a large number of users, this will be slow."

---
FIXES:
Firstly, I forgot the parameters above.
Secondly, an upgrade to Samba 3.0.26a is also required.

RedHat EL5 ships with Samba 3.0.23c and this version is simply bad news
when used with an Active Directory server.

The Fedora 7 RPM on the Samba FTP server does not work with RedHat 5,
but the source RPM will recompile without any modifications and then it
works.

Thanks guys!

H.