[Samba] security = domain -- samba adds its netbios name as samba domain to LDAP

Fri Oct 5 19:27:19 GMT 2007

On Fri, Oct 05, 2007 at 07:15:44PM +0200, Michal Dobroczynski wrote:

> I experienced exactly the same behaviour. I expected my BDC stations
> to reuse the 'workgroup' attribute, but the effect was exactly like
> Christian wrote.
> What do you mean by "works as designed"? Can we just use it that way,
> where each BDC has a domain on its own?

Ok. I think I understood something wrong. I thought the
logfile was from a member server, not from a BDC. If a BDC
creates its own name as a sambaDomain object in LDAP, then
there's a misconfiguration or a bug. A BDC does not have a
local SAM, only member servers do.

Sorry for the confusion,

Volker