[Samba] Strange profile behavior ...

Dennis McLeod dmcleod at foranyauto.com
Wed Oct 3 23:16:27 GMT 2007

Assuming XP, you control roaming profiles on the XP machine, not the Samba
Server.

On XP:
Start, Run, type "gpedit.msc", hit enter.
Expand "Computer Configuration"
Expand "Administrative Templates"
Expand "System"
Highlight "User Profiles"
Change "Prevent Roaming Profiles from propagating to the server" to Enabled.
Change "Allow only local profiles" to Enabled.
Logout and back in (or reboot.)

http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2007-July/134073.html

Hope this helps....
Dennis