[Samba] Running multiple instances of Samba and LDAP question

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 14:43:54 GMT 2007

On 10/3/07, Sascha Cvijetic <saschac66 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I work for the small IT company and I would like to ask  the question concerning the project that I work on-Namely is it posible to run multiple instances of Samba and LDAP paralely on the one server --For example one cental server for Samba and LDAP and one instance running for each separate client -and if it possible the suggestion how to best accomplish that ...
> I thank you in advance for your time and effort ..

I run a few of these (not one per client though) on a single machine
with virtual servers.  This is very light weight virtulization in
which you run only 1 kernel and it basically is multiple chroot jails
with their own startup and ip addresses.

http://linux-vserver.org/Welcome_to_Linux-VServer.org

Another choice is openvz. Both require the system to boot under a
patched kernel.

John