[Samba] Win2003 ADS, wbinfo -u and -g almost works

herman herman at aeronetworks.ca
Wed Oct 3 00:52:23 GMT 2007

I've been chasing this problem for several days.  I have taken the
3.0.26a Fedora 7 SRPM from the Samba FTP site and rebuilt it on RedHat
EL5 and installed it.  It runs, but it has exactly the same problem as
the original 3.0.23c version.

I can join the domain and 'wbinfo -t' returns OK.

However, 'wbinfo -g' returns only two groups then gives a failure
message and 'wbinfo -u', doesn't return anything.

So, it almost works.

Can anyone give me a clue on where to look for this problem?

Cheers,

Herman