[Samba] numerous IPC$ connections

Mike Davis moof84 at temple.edu
Mon Oct 1 14:06:21 GMT 2007

After upgrading to 3.0.26a and moving to linux my member
server gets hundreds of IPC$ connections when I run
smbstatus.  I also see in my logs the following...

[2007/10/01 10:01:15, 0]
lib/util_tdb.c:tdb_chainlock_with_timeout_internal(84)
  tdb_chainlock_with_timeout_internal: alarm (10) timed out
for key VALDEZ in tdb /usr/local/samba/private/secrets.tdb

I did a dump of secrets on my old server and there wasnt a
key for Valdez there.

Now valdez is of teh DC's for the Domain.  I dont start
seeing all of thsi until we get high activity.  All the
clients do is login into teh domain and then we have a bat
file on the DC that mounts their home directory on this
server.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for tracking down
why this is happening.