[Samba] smbclient printout

Matt Lozier mlozier at spindletopoil.com
Wed Nov 28 22:22:15 GMT 2007

Hello,

Sorry, I guess my first post wasn't allowed - perhaps because I had HTML
embedded in it?

Question:

Is there a way that I can have the output of smbclient be redirected to a
file and have it updated every time someone opens / closes a file in the
share?

The only idea that I have thus far is to write a script that would output
this data to a log file, and have the script run every 5 min. or so.  I
suppose that I could use diff to compare the changes, and only update the
log file with the changes?

Any and all input is greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

---

Matt Lozier

Network Administrator