[Samba] Unable to change password in windows - SAMBA_LDAP_PDC

Edmundo Valle Neto edmundo.valle at terra.com.br
Wed Nov 28 21:33:34 GMT 2007

Don't reuse subjects that doesn't have anything about what are you
asking for.

Putting back "Re: [Samba] Unable to change password in windows -
SAMBA_LDAP_PDC" in turn of "Re: [Samba] Re: samba Digest, Vol 59, Issue
28", a lot of people don't read digests and so will ignore your message
(if not all).

jayendren anand maduray escreveu:

(...)

> So take a look at the "SO USE A PARTIAL" part, it worth for all
> organizational units suffixes.
> *>I have set to use partial, restarted samba and slapd, and I still
> receive:
> **>"The system cannot change your password now because the domain
> RIVONINGO.HIVSA is not available"
> > or "The system cannot change your password at this time"
> >When I try to change the password
> >The log entry is:
> >[2007/11/28 14:44:04, 0] lib/debug.c:reopen_logs(597)
> >  Unable to open new log file /var/log/samba/log.computername:
> Permission denied
>
> **>Is there something else I can try?***

(...)

I can't even say that the previous and this error messages has anything
to do with your problem (but as the previous message doesn't repeated,
the server now is finding whatever it is looking for), or if that its a
name resolution problem. Use a log level bigger than 0 to the server
spit something useful, use something like 3.

But yes, its not normal to the server don't find objects in LDAP as its
not normal start to give "permission denied" errors trying to reopen log
files. What are the permissions of your log directory?

Regards.

Edmundo Valle Neto