[Samba] DFS enumeration on a Samba hosted DFS tree.

Wed Nov 28 11:34:33 GMT 2007

On Mon, Nov 26, 2007 at 11:04:59AM -0600, Sean wrote:
> So it looks like the Samba NetDfsEnum handler doesn't recurse into
> directories (understandable though annoying for me) nor results in any
> usable enumeration of a hosted dfs tree.

Looking at the code of enum_msdfs_links it does indeed not
recurse. Given that Windows would do it (which I don't
know), we certainly have to recurse here as well. This will
potentially be a very expensive operation.

Can you please file a bug report at
https://bugzilla.samba.org and append a sniff against W2k3
that proves that Windows does indeed recurse when doing a
dfscmd /view. No promise it gets fixed soon, but at least it
does not get lost.

Thanks,

Volker