[Samba] Re: Windows clients losing connection to Samba 3.0.27 PDC on FC7 i386

Patrick Rynhart prynhart at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 21:36:04 GMT 2007

Hi Rubin,

Do you have any trusted domains and (if so) are users logging into a
trusted domain ?  If this is the case, I would start smbd, nmbd normally
(i.e. as daemons) but then run a single winbindd process in interactive
mode, debug level 10.

i.e.

winbind -i -d 10

Check beforehand that no other winbindd processes are running (i.e. ps
aux |grep winbindd).  Then I would attempt to logon from a member
workstaion.  View the debug output to see if you can track any problems.
  Ctrl-Z (i.e. background) may help here ("fg" to resume) as there could
be a lot of output.

If you don't have any trusted domains (and therefore aren't running
winbindd) then the approach I take is very similar. Start nmbd normally
(i.e. as a background daemon) but then run smbd as an interactive
process, again in debug level 10 mode.

i.e.

smbd -i -d 10

 From what you're describing, there may be a problem with the machine
account for the affected machines.  Look for something like
NT_STATUS_TRUSTED_RELATIONSHIP_FAILURE or some other NT STATUS code
(these are defined in source/include/nterr.h if you happen to have the
Samba source on your domain controller).

Regards,

Patrick