[Samba] samba profiles

Mon Nov 26 15:38:44 GMT 2007

Hi list

I got a small problem, i use atm 3X Samba Servers

1XPDC

1XBDC

1XFileserver

ATM I have all profiles/homes on the PDC, but I need it on BDC too.

My thought  the best way is I move the /homes to the Fileserver.

And now comes my problem, what must I change on the smb.conf?

Logon path = \\fileserver\profiles\.msprofiles
<file:///\\fileserver\profiles\.msprofiles>

Logon home =\\fileserver\profiles\%U\9xprofile

And on share:

[profiles]

        comment = Network Profiles Service

        path =  /Data/samba/home  <---that's my DIR where the files are

is this ok ??

[global]

        workgroup = Domain

        server string = Samba

        map to guest = Bad User

        passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://server.intern

        log level = 3

        log file = /var/log/samba/%U.log

        debug uid = Yes

        smb ports = 139