[Samba] samba as a pdc problems

Jon H. Peterson jonhp at charter.net
Sat Nov 24 23:57:29 GMT 2007

hi,
still having a problem adding a new user with the win2k usrmgr.exe:

I get the following log entries:
Cannot lock password file: already locked.
[2007/11/24 15:21:46, 0] rpc_server/srv_samr_nt.c:_samr_create_user(2415)
  _samr_create_user: Running the command `/usr/sbin/useradd -m 'akop'' gave
5

looking at the "useradd" source, the "gave 5" is a return code equivalent of
the
"Cannot lock password file: already locked." error message above
i am not sure what I, as the user do, to effect the locking sequence between
smbd and useradd. it would appear that the password file is locked when
"useradd" is run. is this a "bug" in smbd?
thanks, jon