[Samba] Strange folder smb_krb5 in lock directory of version 3.026a

Jens Nissen jens.nissen at gmx.net
Fri Nov 23 13:33:54 GMT 2007

I found a strange folder smb_krb5 in my samba lock directory.
Inside, there is something that looks like a Kerberos Configuration,
but the content is different from my /etc/krb5.conf
(A) Does Samba correctly use my /etc/krb5.conf as before in version 3.023?
(B) What is the smb_krb5-folder good for, where does it come from?
(C) Can it be deleted safely or does it have to be backed up together
with the important tdb-files?

Kind regards,

Jens