[Samba] Samba PDC windows XP logon scripts

Michael Heydon michaelh at jaswin.com.au
Thu Nov 22 23:26:58 GMT 2007

I would really suggest using a domain, it greatly reduces management
overheads and just generally makes life easier.

It isn't too difficult to deal with swapping profiles and the like
around. Last time I had to migrate about 80 machines I wrote a vb script
to rename the machine, join it to the domain and migrate the local user
profile to the domain user. I don't have a copy of it at the moment, but
the basic parts of it are fairly well documented.

Good luck.

*Michael Heydon - IT Administrator *
michaelh at jaswin.com.au <mailto:michaelh at jaswin.com.au>