[Samba] samba as a pdc, Unable to change passwd htrough Windows clients.

Edmundo Valle Neto edmundo.valle at terra.com.br
Wed Nov 21 17:47:23 GMT 2007

Hari escreveu:
> Hi Everyone,
>     I am Using Samba-3.0.0-14.3E as a PDC. every thing
> working fine in PDC, But only the problem is to change
> passwd from Windows client machine, while trying to
> change passwd from client I am getting Bellow error
> messages.Please advice on this one.
>
>         error message in some systems "You Don't have
> permission to change passwd"
>
>    And
>          "The system cannot change your passwd now
> because the domain "TEST-DOMAIN" is not available"
>
> Here is My smb.conf
> -----------------------------
> [global]
>         workgroup = TEST
>         netbios name = TEST-DOMAIN
>         server string = TEST-PDC
>         pam password change = Yes
>         passwd chat = *New*UNIX*password* %n\n
> *ReType*new*UNIX*password* %n\n
> *passwd:*all*authentication*tokens*updated*successfully*
>         unix password sync = Yes
>         log level = 10
>         log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
>         max log size = 50
>         socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192
> SO_SNDBUF=8192
>         logon path = \\%L\Profiles\%U
>         domain logons = Yes
>         os level = 33
>         preferred master = Yes
>         domain master = Yes
>         dns proxy = No
>         wins support = Yes
>         ldap ssl = no
>         admin users = hari
>         hosts allow = 192.168.1., 192.168.2., 127.
>
>     Can any one help on thins issue.
>
> For more Details this is the log what iam getting
> while changing the passwd
>
> (...)
>
> A.HariManiKandan,
>   SPG Softek,Sanjay Nagar,
>   Bangalore.Cell:9845133870.
>   Email: hari at globytesindia.com
>

>       Why delete messages? Unlimited storage is just a click away. Go to http://help.yahoo.com/l/in/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/tools/tools-08.html

Don't use log level 10 unless really needed, to solve simple problems
they are useless. Use 3 instead.

You have set password chat, this is the chat used to match what the
passwd program returns. Where is your passwd program? It defaults to
nothing when not specified. The samba documentation, the smb.conf man
page and probably the mail list history has examples of setting them.

Regards.

Edmundo Valle Neto