[Samba] Access control question.

Matt Lozier mlozier at spindletopoil.com
Wed Nov 21 17:39:12 GMT 2007

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your response.  The only problem with going this route is that
I really need to have finer grain control over what the users are able to
access.

I have situations where user1 needs to have access to /smbshare/dir1 and
dir3 then user2 needs to have access to /smbshare/dir1/subdir1 and
/smbshare/dir3, but *no* access to /smbshare/dir1.  I suppose that the real
problem lies in the poor setup of the root /smbshare.  However, any changes
to this configuration are out of the question because too many people who
are resistant to change already understand things the way they are ;-)

If I understand LDAP properly (I'm new to this technology) then I should be
able to store user permissions in the LDAP database, no?

Thanks,
Matt