[Samba] No longer able to browse windows share via Nautilus

Immanuel CRC Office office at immanuelministries.ca
Wed Nov 21 16:44:14 GMT 2007

Herman, thank you for your response.

So far, my debugging with smbclient showed nothing, so I tried nmblookup
and have issues there too. So, I don't know what to do next. What I've
found:

I am ADMIN_SEC and I'm trying to connect to W98 PASTOR

$ smbclient -L PASTOR -N
timeout connecting to 208.69.32.137:445
timeout connecting to 208.69.32.137:139
Error connecting to 208.69.32.137 (Operation already in progress)
Connection to PASTOR failed

$ nmblookup -B ADMIN_SEC __SAMBA__
querying __SAMBA__ on 127.0.0.1
192.168.1.100 __SAMBA__<00>

$ nmblookup -B PASTOR '*'.
querying *. on 208.69.32.137
name_query failed to find name *.

Then I tried:
$ nmblookup -d 2 '*'.
added interface ip=192.168.1.100 bcast=192.168.1.255 nmask=255.255.255.0
querying *. on 192.168.1.255

--
Crystle Numan
Administrative Secretary, Immanuel CRC