[Samba] winbind caused "ls -l" hang on solaris 8

samba at piven.org samba at piven.org
Wed Nov 21 00:47:40 GMT 2007

Bai, Junmin wrote:
> Thanks for your reply. I understand what you mean. The command
> ldapsearch works fine and wbinfo -u and wbinfo -g work beautifully.

What do "getent passwd" and "getent group" do?  I bet they hang after
showing the contents of your /etc files.

> It's openldap on solaris 8. Does it need any special configuration?

I admin a Linux system which authenticates against a W2K AD, and have
the following NSS-related stuff in my /etc/nsswitch.conf:

nss_map_objectclass     posixAccount user
nss_map_objectclass     shadowAccount user
nss_map_objectclass	uniqueMember member
nss_map_attribute       uid sAMAccountName
nss_map_attribute       homeDirectory unixHomeDirectory
nss_map_attribute       shadowLastChange pwdLastSet
nss_map_objectclass     posixGroup group
nss_map_attribute       cn sAMAccountName

If your /etc/nsswitch.conf is missing these, add 'em and see if they
make a difference.

Don