[Samba] No longer able to browse windows share via Nautilus

Immanuel CRC Office office at immanuelministries.ca
Tue Nov 20 16:25:44 GMT 2007

I used to be able to browse the windows shares on the network through
Nautilus. I can see them as computers, but when I click on them, it
fails. (I'm on Ubuntu 6 LTS, AMD64)

About 3 months ago, this failed. But, the windows boxes can all still
access my shares on my Linux box.

I was going through the trouble shooting, and found this out, but I'm
not sure what to do next.

I am ADMIN_SEC and I'm trying to connect to W98 PASTOR
$ nmblookup -B ADMIN_SEC __SAMBA__
querying __SAMBA__ on 127.0.0.1
192.168.1.100 __SAMBA__<00>

$ nmblookup -B PASTOR '*'.
querying *. on 208.69.32.137
name_query failed to find name *.

Then I tried:
$ nmblookup -d 2 '*'.
added interface ip=192.168.1.100 bcast=192.168.1.255 nmask=255.255.255.0
querying *. on 192.168.1.255
name_query failed to find name *.

This was supposed to return "got a positive name query response" but
didn't. The documents spoke of trying different interfaces in smb.conf,
but I can't figure out what that means.

Is that my next step? If so, how do I do it? If it is not, does anyone
have anything else to try?

Thanks,
Crystle

--