[Fwd: [Samba] Kickoff time expired, how to change?]

Heinz Allerberger allerberger at em.uni-frankfurt.de
Mon Nov 19 09:07:59 GMT 2007

Dear friends,

is there anybody who can help us, I've the same problem with the Kickoff
Time.
I also found no possibility to change it...

Heinz

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: 	[Samba] Kickoff time expired, how to change?
Datum: 	Mon, 12 Nov 2007 10:35:32 -0700
Von: 	Tim Donnelly <tim at coalliance.org>
An: 	<samba at lists.samba.org>

I am attempting to move my running Samba server from an old, inadequate
machine, to one that is better suited to handle the load.  Our office is
very small, only 8 people, and the configuration is simple.  I am running
Samba 3.0.23c on the old server and 3.0.23d on the new.  I am using the
tdbsam for the backend.

Basically I copied the entire /etc/samba directory from the old to the new
server and used rsync to keep the users directories up to date with each
other.

The problem is, on the new machine, if I look at a users information using
pdbedit -Lv <username> I see that the Kickoff time and Password Must Change
fields are both set to Wed, 31 Dec 1969 16:59:59 MST.  This results in the
users account being "expired" and of course they cannot log in.  I can
change the Password Must change field easily enough, but I cannot find any
reference to Kickoff Time that does not also talk about LDAP in the
documentation, on this list or even via Google.

I don't have the time, nor frankly the inclination, to try and set up an
LDAP server at the moment.

Is there some way to change the Kickoff Time?  Or is there a different
technique I should follow to migrate servers?

Thank you.

Tim Donnelly

System/Network Administrator

Colorado Alliance of Research Libraries