[Samba] Question about printer sharing

Michael Heydon michaelh at jaswin.com.au
Mon Nov 19 06:04:46 GMT 2007

I don't see any particular reason why it wouldn't work, it should be as
simple as sharing the printer on the workstation, setting it up through
cups and telling samba to share the cups printers (and adding drivers if
required).

But wouldn't it be simpler to just let the other machines talk to it via
the machine it is directly connected to?
Alternatively, parallel print servers are fairly cheap, you could put
the printer directly on the network.

*Michael Heydon - IT Administrator *
michaelh at jaswin.com.au <mailto:michaelh at jaswin.com.au>