[Samba] Samba unable to bind to LDAP server

Steve Brown sbrown25 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 16:49:44 GMT 2007

> > 2) Is there a way to make Samba use the PAM / NSS mechanism that is
> > already working?
>
> Yes, but you would need another passdb backend then.

Which passdb backend would I need to use in this case?

Perhaps I should just start over with an explanation of my
environment.  We run a largely Mac environment with many services
happily authenticating against an OpenDirectory (OpenLDAP) server
running on Mac OS X server.  We have need for Windows clients to
access certain shares on the network.  I would like to use Samba to do
this.  I would also like to not have to re-enter all user accounts on
the Samba box.  What is the best way to go about this?