[Samba] Domain server unavailable

Walmiro Muzzi walmiro_muzzi at yahoo.com.br
Fri Nov 16 15:58:28 GMT 2007

Hi all.

I'm having a serious problem with my samba/ldap server.

It was working well till the last week and today stops definitly.

Nothing has changed. Now my network is down and nobody can log in.

When I restart samba:

invoke-rc.d samba restart
  * Stopping Samba daemons...

start-stop-daemon: warning: failed to kill 4436: No such process

                                                [ ok ]
  * Starting Samba daemons...
                                                [ ok ]

I try to log into a windows machine and theres no domain available.

When I try with smbclient I have:

smbclient //192.168.160.100/
Password:
Domain=[HIDRAUTRONICA] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.22]
tree connect failed: NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME

My smb.conf:

[global]
         workgroup = HIDRAUTRONICA
         server string = %h ( Samba+Ldap )
         obey pam restrictions = Yes
         passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://127.0.0.1
         enable privileges = Yes
         passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
         passwd chat = *Enter\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n
*Retype\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n *password\supdated\ssuccessfully* .
         passwd chat debug = Yes
         unix password sync = Yes
         syslog = 0
         max log size = 1000
         logon path =
         logon home =
         domain logons = Yes
         os level = 100
         domain master = Yes
         dns proxy = No
         wins support = Yes
         ldap admin dn = cn=admin,dc=hidrautronica,dc=com,dc=br
         ldap group suffix = ou=Grupos
         ldap machine suffix = ou=Computadores
         ldap suffix = dc=hidrautronica,dc=com,dc=br
         ldap ssl = no
         ldap user suffix = ou=Usuarios
         default service = global
         winbind trusted domains only = Yes