[Samba] problem with net rpc vampire

Asgeir Sigurdsson asigurds at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 23:50:44 GMT 2007

I'm trying to migrate accounts from a NT4 PDC to a Samba 3.0.26a server with
a ldap backend, using "net rpc vampire".

I was able successfully to run the "smbldap-populate" script and verified
that users and groups were created by running "pdbedit -Lw" and "net
groupmap list".

According to the output from "net rpc vampire" all accounts and groups are
being created successfully, but if I run "pdbedit -Lw" to validate the
migration of user accounts, no user has actually been added.

Any help on how to debug/solve this problem is most appreciated.

Regards, Asgeir.