[Samba] Samba clients disconnect periodically

Adam Tauno Williams adamtaunowilliams at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 20:00:51 GMT 2007

On Wed, 2007-11-14 at 06:07 -0600, BIS wrote:
> Any help Please
> On Tue, 2007-11-13 at 16:35 -0600, BIS wrote:
> > I am using Samba 3.0.10 with Red hat (4.5) as samba fileserver. It is
> > very basic setup with Ldap setup.
> > All of our desktop  (Windows and MAC) clients (>250) simultaneously
> > started dropping their connections to our Samba fileserver. Since then,
> > I have tested with RHEL5 and SuSE with Samba 3.0.23c, 24 and 25. None
> > the latested fix this problem.

What does "simulaneously" mean?  They all drop at the same time?

Otherwise, why does it matter?  CIFS clients disconnect and
automatically reconnect,  they are designed that way.  Disconnecting
isn't a problem unless they are disconnecting while performing
operations.

--
Adam Tauno Williams, Network & Systems Administrator
Consultant - http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com