[Samba] Creating a group share

Prakash Velayutham prakash.velayutham at cchmc.org
Wed Nov 14 19:39:06 GMT 2007

Hello All,

Wanted to update you all that this issue is resolved.
This is my working configuration.

[global]
	workgroup = WORKGROUPNAME
	netbios name = servername
	encrypt passwords = yes
	password server = *
	passdb backend = ldapsam:"ldaps://x.y.z"
	log level = 9
	syslog = 0
	name resolve order = wins bcast hosts
	ldap suffix = o=x,c=y
	ldap machine suffix = ou=xx
	ldap group suffix = ou=yy
	ldap user suffix = ou=xx
	ldap idmap suffix = ou=nn
	ldap admin dn = cn=Manager,o=x,c=y
	idmap uid = 10000-20000
	idmap gid = 10000-20000
	winbind use default domain = yes
	winbind cache time = 5
	printing = cups
	printcap name = cups
	printcap cache time = 750
	cups options = raw
	map to guest = Bad User
	security = user
[JIAGEN]
	comment = JIAGEN project share
	path = /export/WTCCC
	valid users = @WTCCC
	write list = +WTCCC
	read only = No
	inherit acls = Yes
	force group = +WTCCC
	writable = yes
	create mask = 0660
	directory mask = 0770

I had some issue with server-side caching, which got resolved once I
stopped nscd on the server.

Now everything is peachy!!!

Thanks,
Prakash