[Samba] Heartbeat and secrets.tdb

Henrik Carlqvist hc1 at poolhem.se
Wed Nov 14 19:18:31 GMT 2007

> for each samba instance (netbios name) we use different IP addresses and
>
> configuration files. thus we have several secret.tdb files which are
> also located on a cluster filesystem. this works and prevents machines
> from kicking off each other from the domain

Thanks alot for sharing your experience! I will try such a configuration.

I would also like to thank Neal who pointed me to CTDB which really seems
to be the right solution to this problem. However, as there is no support
for CTDB in any production ready version of Samba I will not try that now.
In our case stability is even more important than avaiablity.

regards Henrik
--
NOTE: Dear Outlook users: Please remove me from your address books.
      Read this article and you know why: