[Samba] Maximum number of files per folder

lists at dieitexperten.de lists at dieitexperten.de
Mon Nov 12 07:24:05 GMT 2007

Hello list,

we have a small NAS-Box here in our office, running Linux 2.6.13 and
Samba 3 (exactly version string is not avalilable for me at moment).

Is there a limit, how many files samba will store in one folder? We
recognize a massive CPU-Load of the smbd-process, when accessing a
folder which stores round about 60 000 small text-files.

Is this a samba-Limit or a bug? The kernel and samba is compiled by the
NAS-manufactur, so no cimpiler-options are available for me.

So long,
Markus

--
Markus Neviadomski