[Samba] winbind doc error?

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Sat Nov 10 05:54:58 GMT 2007

On Friday 09 November 2007 23:13, Guido Lorenzutti wrote:
> Hi People: In the how to posted on ..
> http://us3.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/winbind.html
>
> The docs says several times to the option -B in the winbindd , but I
> can't find anything on the manpage about that switch and I can't notice
> any difference by using it.
>
> The docs are outdated? or my 3.0.24 dosen't have this feature?
>
> Tnxs in advance.

Yes, the docs had suffered bit-rot and were outdated. I have removed the info
regarding the -B option.  Give the system a day or two to stablize, then
please check that I have not missed any -B references.  Please let me know if
you find I have goofed.  Thanks for the heads-up.

--
John H Terpstra
Samba-Team Member

Author:
The Official Samba-3 HOWTO & Reference Guide, 2 Ed., ISBN: 0131882228
Samba-3 by Example, 2 Ed., ISBN: 0131882221X
Hardening Linux, ISBN: 0072254971
Other books in production.