[Samba] hide unreadable files

Diego Alejandro Cheda diegocheda at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 8 23:46:34 GMT 2007

Sorry, perhaps I don't explain my problem correctly. Suppose that I have a directory "dir" in a "groups" share directory. "groups" and "dir" has the following ACL permissions: groups    |   |--- dir # file: groups/# owner: lisa# group: adminuser::rwxgroup::r-xgroup:staff:r-x                mask:rwxother:---default:user::rwxdefault:group::r-xdefault:mask:rwxdefault:other:--- # file: dir/# owner: lisa# group: adminuser::rwxgroup::r-x                mask:rwxother:---default:user::rwxdefault:group::r-xdefault:mask:rwxdefault:other:--- Then, another user "joe" (that belongs to "staff" group) access to the share directory "groups". I think that "joe" shouldn't see the directory "dir" if the option "hide unreadable" is setted to "yes". But I this behavior don't occurr in my samba 3. "joe" can see "dir". I don't know if this is the correct behavior. I hoped that "hide unreadable" hides that files/directories that don't has "r" flag for the user/group that try to access it. Thanks.              Diego PD: I try with client windows option  'Tools > Folder options > View > Show hidden files and folders' disabled. But the "incorrect" behavior occurrs also with linux smbclient.   > Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 12:45:53 -0500> From: CMarcus at Media-Brokers.com> To: samba at lists.samba.org> Subject: Re: [Samba] hide unreadable files> > On 11/8/2007, Diego Alejandro Cheda (diegocheda at hotmail.com) wrote:> > I have a problem with the "hide unreadable = yes" option. In windows > > xp professional sp2 with explorer, or ssh or smbclient, either > > directories and files does not hide. > > Do you have 'Tools > Folder options > View > Show hidden files and > folders' enabled on the windows workstations?> > -- > > Best regards,> > Charles> -- > To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the> instructions: https://lists.samba.org/mailman/listinfo/samba