[Samba] Getting an error when joing a windows 2003 domain controller

David kacuba thewho212000 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 8 18:47:34 GMT 2007

Im getting an erro while joing my domain in AD windows 2003

  [root at TESTSERVER etc]# net ads join -Uadministrator%password                     Using short domain name -- FAMILYENRICHMEN
Failed to set servicePrincipalNames. Please ensure that
the DNS domain of this server matches the AD domain,
Or rejoin with using Domain Admin credentials.
Deleted account for 'TESTSERVER' in realm 'FAMILYENRICHMENTNETWORK.LOCAL'
Failed to join domain: Type or value exists

  here is my /etc/hosts

  192.168.0.1 server1.familyenrichmentnetwork.local     server1

  here is my /etc/krb5.conf
  [logging]
 default = FILE:/var/log/krb5libs.log
 kdc = FILE:/var/log/krb5kdc.log
  [libdefaults]
 default_realm = FamilyEnrichmentNetwork.local
 dns_lookup_realm = NO
 default_etypes_des = des-cbc-crc des-cbc-md
 default_etypes_des = des-cbc-crc des-cbc-md5
 dns_lookup_kdc = NO
 ticket_lifetime = 2400
 forwardable = yes
  [realms]
  FamilyEnrichmentNetwork.local = {
  kdc = server1.FamilyEnrichmentNetwork.local
  default_domain = FamilyEnrichmentNetwork.local
  kdc = FamilyEnrichmentNetwork.local
  Kdc = 192.168.0.1
  admin_server = server1.FamilyEnrichmentNetwork.local
 }

  here is my smb.conf

  [global]
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        load printers = yes
        idmap gid = 10000-20000
        auth methods = winbind
        ntlm auth = no
        client use spnego = yes
        winbind trusted domains only = yes
        encrypt passwords = yes
        realm = FamilyEnrichmentNetwork.local
        winbind use default domain = yes
        use kerberos keytab = yes
        passdb backend = tdbsam
        netbios aliases = TESTSERVER
        cups options = raw
        server string = test server
        winbind enum users = yes
        idmap uid = 10000-20000
        password server = Server1.FamilyEnrichmentNetwork.local
        remote announce = 192.168.0.1
        workgroup = FamilyEnrichmen
        client lanman auth = no
        os level = 20
        winbind enum groups = yes
        server signing = auto
        security = ads
        max log size = 50
  # ----------------------- Domain Members Options ------------------------
#
# Security must be set to domain or ads
  # Use password server option only with security = server or if you can't
# use the DNS to locate Domain Controllers
# The argument list may include:
#   password server = My_PDC_Name [My_BDC_Name] [My_Next_BDC_Name]
# or to auto-locate the domain controller/s
#   password server = "

;       security = ads
;       passdb backend = tdbsam
;       realm = FamilyEnrichmentNetwork.local
  ;       password server = 192.168.0.1

           # ----------------------- Domain Controller Options ------------------------
#
# Security must be set to user for domain controllers
#
# Backend to store user information in. New installations should
# use either tdbsam or ldapsam. smbpasswd is available for backwards
# compatibility. tdbsam requires no further configuration.
#
# Domain Master specifies Samba to be the Domain Master Browser. This
# allows Samba to collate browse lists between subnets. Don't use this
# if you already have a Windows NT domain controller doing this job
#

          security = ads
;       passdb backend = tdbsam
  ;       domain master = no
;       domain logons = no
          # the login script name depends on the machine name
;       logon script = %m.bat
        # the login script name depends on the unix user used
;       logon script = %u.bat
;       logon path = \\%L\Profiles\%u
        # disables profiles support by specifing an empty path
;       logon path =
  ;       add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd "%u" -n -g users
;       add group script = /usr/sbin/groupadd "%g"

  Thnaks for your help