[Samba] Printing; privileges separation

Roel van Meer rolek at alt001.com
Thu Nov 8 11:05:26 GMT 2007

Hi list,

I'm using samba 3.0.26a with cups as printing backend, which are both
working fine. However, I would like to grant all users access to all print
jobs, but without granting them the right to add or modify printers and
printer settings.

When I grant users the SePrintOperatorPrivilege privilege, they can indeed
cancel other people's jobs, but then they can also rename printers on the
server (which breaks things).

Does anyone know if it is possible to separate access to these two
operations, or to grant normal users the right to remove other people's jobs
without them having the SePrintOperatorPrivilege priv?

Thanks in advance for any input,

roel