[Samba] weird smbclient authentication problem
dw6881pr at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 02:36:27 GMT 2007
I've installed samba 3.0.25c and did a net ads join successfully to
Windows 2003 PDC.
wbinfo -u list all users in windows domain correctly.
I've disabled winbind enum user/groups because wbinfo -u would time
out due to large number of users/groups.
when I execute smbclient -L localhost -U testuser on the local samba
server I get NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE
I am absolutely sure that the password is correct.
On the Windows Domain Controller, in the event logs under security, I
saw a successful logon entry for testuser.
this event was right after I executed smbclient command.
I was actually expecting to see two succesfull logon events (samba
tries twice I believe).
I have log level =10 auth:10
the last trace in the log file was:
Got user=[testuser] domain=[D1] workstation=[WS1] len1=24 len2=96
There were no traces of make_user_info_map and check_ntlm_password.
More information about the samba