[Samba] problem with windows when join domain

Adel ESSAFI adel.safi at esstt.rnu.tn
Tue Nov 6 16:55:46 GMT 2007

Dear all
I have succeded to configure my SAMBA server as a PDC as tou see here
Domain=[INFO6] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.24-7.fc6]

        Server               Comment
        ---------            -------
        SER6                 serveur samba 3.0.24-7.fc6

        Workgroup            Master
        ---------            -------
        INFO6                SER6

But, when I try to connect my XP client to the domain, an error message
tells me that windows cannot fiond the master of the domain INFO6. I
have although, configured samba to support wind resolution. Can you help
me to check out this problem. Regards
Adel
ps: here are the smb.conf and the pic of the error (sorry, it is in french)

[root at esstt ~]# cat /etc/samba/smb.conf
# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from 127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1)
# Date: 2007/11/05 17:12:58

[global]