[Samba] problem with SAMBA as PDC

Adel ESSAFI adel.safi at esstt.rnu.tn
Tue Nov 6 09:10:34 GMT 2007

Hi list,
I am configuring a samba server as a PDC (called DSERVER). I have follow
some good docs to build my smb.conf file (see below).
However, my server does not works correctly: when I execute smbclient, I
don't find my workgroup (SOCINFO) alghouth I activated the wins support.
[adel at grid007 ~]$ smbclient -L localhost -U root
Password:
Domain=[DSERVER] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.26a-0.fc7]

        Sharename       Type      Comment
        ---------       ----      -------
        IPC$            IPC       IPC Service (serveur samba 3.0.26a-0.fc7)
        samsungDI       Printer   samsungDI
        epson           Printer   epson
        root            Disk      Repertoire personnel
Domain=[DSERVER] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.26a-0.fc7]

        Server               Comment
        ---------            -------

        Workgroup            Master
        ---------            -------