[Samba] ACL changes on Samba NT 4.0 Member Server

Eric Diven eric.diven at edsiohio.com
Mon Nov 5 17:55:15 GMT 2007

Not neccessarily, console login is controlled by PAM, not winbind.  If
you haven't set up PAM (and you shouldn't need to for just setting up a
file share), you won't be able to log in at the console (or by ssh,
etc).

I'm still fighting this on my side as well, for what it's worth.  If I
figure it out, I'll let you know.  When I try to add an entry to the
ACL, I get the same error, but in the logs I see an error about not
being able to set the access rights into the Unix security model.  The
error I get is "Too many ACE entries for file to convert to posix
perms."  If you're seeing that too, we might be on to something.

I am seeing it consistently across Solaris and CentOS, so I'm guessing
this isn't a platform related issue for either of us.

Good luck.

~Eric