[Samba] Problems with Samba and ACLs

Bruno Pirajá Moyle brunitto at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 14:30:36 GMT 2007

Hello everybody, i have use samba (3.0) as a PDC in my company. The file
tree was growing so a had to use POSIX ACLs for the file permissions.
The problem is when a user creates a new file or modify an existing one,
the ACLs turn to a mess. For example, i have a dir where the users of a
group has only read permissions, on of them must have write permissions.
When this writer user creates a new file, he cannot rename it, or delete
it, even being the owner of the file.
This problem only occurs when the users are using from a windows client
machine. If i try it in the linux server, the ACLs works fine.

I have a ubuntu 7.04 with kernel 2.6 with ACLs and EAs enabled.

Thanks for every help