[Samba] the system cannot find message text for message number 0x%1 in the message file for %2

Dömötör Gyimesi dgyimesi at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 11:19:08 GMT 2007

Hi!

I've got some problem logging in to my Samba primary domain. I'm using LDAP
for authentication and Samba for PDC. After I've populated my LDAP with
Samba schema, an uid=Administrator Domain Administrator account
automatically appeared. I can log in with this user (Administrator), but if
I create a new user (Domain User in LDAP schema) WinXP Pro says the
following: the system cannot find message text for message number 0x%1 in
the message file for %2. After massive googleing i couldn't find anything
but that this error is caused by Windows' smart card login feature. After I
disabled that in MMC nothing happend, the problem still persists. What am I
doing wrong?

Thanks,
--
Döme